Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Big Kahuna of Cookbooks

Here's a little breathtaking hubris on my part.  I'm going to cite my favorite cookbook.  Now I like such classics as Julia Child's Mastering The Art of French Cooking, The Italian Farmhouse Cookbook, The Joy of Cooking, James Beard's Cookbook, and several others.  But when I turn to Creole and Cajun recipes, this is the one I recommend:




For true!  This is where I get my special back home recipes for special occasions or when I'm trying to lay some culinary gris-gris on a guy or prof.  And for a church covered dish dinner, some of these recipes for gumbo or jambalaya overwhelm the competition.  Dat's right, dawlin'!


3 comments:

Linda Kay said...

I might like this one as well, as I don't know if I have any special cookbooks with New Orleans recipes.

Anemone said...

This one sounds interesting.

John A Hill said...

One of the best things about my time in New Orleans (many years ago) was the food!

My goodness, those folk know how to season their food!

I may have too check this one out.
Thank you for the recommendation, Angel.