Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Almost Losing It

There's a time in a girl's life when she finds that she needs to take the ultimate step of being a woman. At 17, I found the status of being a virgin oppressive, and wished to rid myself of it despite my Mama's advice to wait until 19. (Which I did, it turned out.) Anyway, I was 17 and impatient, and found the term as used by my peer group to be oppressive and condescending. Seriously, even putative virgins tended to speak scornfully of those intacta.  Anyway, I was legal, in the sense of Louisiana law, and tired of not Tommy being allowed anything past second base. "Poor Tommy," I thought.

I really liked Tommy. Thought it was love. And so I did the discreet feminine things in preparation: bought a more adult scent, and some lacy lingerie. I was going to look right and smell right for the occasion.

The big night. I was primed. And coyly hinted.

Tommy showed up on my planned evening wearing a baseball hat, and would not remove it. And a grody sweat shirt, which he didn't, thank goodness.

There's no way that I would give up my virginity to a guy who wears a baseball hat indoors. I had my standards.



10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ah, well... best made (laid) plans... :)

Bilbo said...

Did Tommy at least have the good sense to wear the baseball hat with the bill turned to the front instead of backwards or some ridiculous angle?

Grand Crapaud said...

Some guys are their own worst enemies, I guess.

Kristen Drittsekkdatter said...

Seventeen is too young to lose your virginity, in my opinion.

Mike said...

That sounds like something I would unknowingly do and never know what went wrong.

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ha - poor tommy - good on you for having such high standards and sticking to your guns.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Losing one's virginity should be done with style. It can be amusing, it can be romantic, but it should never be pedestrian.

Cloudia said...

Heidi is totally correct!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Anonymous said...

A great cartoon!