Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Suzette, the Existential Stripper

"It is an unavoidable truth that some girls' personal names seem more suggestive of the ecydasist trade than others: the typical stripper is more likely to be named Crystal or Roxie or Candy or Brandy; less often yclept Elizabeth or Wilma or Madison or Clara.  I'm Suzette; and like many successful strippers, I have a gimmick.  It is a well-established fact that the most successful stripper's gimmicks are those that force the members of the audience to think, and not just simply what I would be like under the sheets.

I'm celibate by choice, by the way.  I feel that it gives me a mojo boost to help me in my search for truth and meaning.

You see, I'm really into this 'making people think' thing, and consider my art as the proper vehicle for doing so.  Yes, watching someone artfully strip can be an occasion for thought.  No, I'm not talking about lustful thoughts, I'm talking about thinking about the very fundamental questions of human existence.  Part of my art is subverting expectations.

What you see up front is a large ta-taed honey that you think will take off her clothes until she is altogether in the altogether.  But there is an underlying agenda.  I show my audience how to discard the everyday humdrumness and to focus on the reality as it is of human existence.  After all, existence precedes essence, and nudity is the ultimate truth.  A naked person cannot lie.  My goal is to deliberately confront them with the transitoriness of everyday life that we choose to ignore and to deliberately question the point of their existence.  This is what makes me the 'existential stripper.'"

"Suzette, do you perform in costume or use props?"

"Yes, sometimes I perform while using handcuffs on a member of the audience while I give him a lap dance; but this gimmick has limited possibilties.  Lately, I have been dressing as an owl.  This is in part in homage of Goya's etching El sueño de la razón produce monstruos,  partly from Pauline Réage's The Story of O, and lastly because I stress that the audience should give a hoot!  Existential lessons require copious props; but I'm sure that Jean-Paul Sartre would have approved.









Today is my third blogoversary.  Thanks for following my blog, or visiting, dear friends!  Hopefull, I have been able to entertain or amuse you and brighten your day.  Best of everything!!   XXXX!!!!    
                   -- Angel







 


8 comments:

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Happy Blogoversary, Angel.

I enjoyed reading about Suzette.

Bilbo said...

Happy Blogoversary, Angel! I always enjoy reading your blog ... after all, how many people do I know who can use terms like "ecdysiast" and "yclept"? Will Suzette become one of your recurring characters?

John A Hill said...

Happy Blogoversary, Angel!
It has been a pleasure to have you in the blogosphere.

TexWisGirl said...

happy 3 yrs! suzette the stripping owl. :)

Mike said...

Happy Blogoversary, Angel!

Yclept? I knew another girl that used to read the dictionary for fun.

Grand Crapaud said...

Happy Blogoversary, Angel!

A stripper that's into existentialism and The Story of O; now that's specialization! Enjoyed it.

MarkD60 said...

Happy blog birthday!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Thank you, my friends.

Bilbo, Suzette may make another appearance if something comes to mind.